Hawaii has been on our travel bucket-list for quite a few years, but Europe always ends up trumping this popular tropical destination. We found a great deal on plane tickets so we decided to go for it! Our trip starts with three days in Kauai, followed by three days in Maui.
I don’t tend to take a lot of beach holidays, so I had a lot of fun picking out bright summery outfits (sans the plane outfit 🤣) for Hawaii and I wanted to share!
HAWAII PACKING GUIDE
- Align yoga pants | These are my absolute favorite yoga pants EVER. They’re SO soft and hold-up really well. I refuse to wear anything else on the plane, but last week I got stuck wearing jeans on a flight. I’ll never make that mistake again 😂 Fits true to size (TTS) for Lululemon.
- Lululemon Breeze tee | I’m fascinated by people who travel in really cute (normal) clothes for a flight. I have to be comfortable. This top by Lululemon is both cute, classic and comfortable (and it comes in a few colors). Fits true to size (TTS) for Lululemon.
- Madewell denim jacket | This is my all-time favorite jacket. I’ve talked about it in previous posts. It’s really soft and works well with a lot of different outfits. It’s also a slightly different style than the traditional denim jackets everyone wears. This exact one is sold-out, but it comes in another color here and the other traditional denim jacket I own can be found here. Oversized fit but I like this style that way, so I stayed TTS.
- Nike Free RN Sneakers | I’ve read on various blogs that most trails are super muddy and to expect your shoes to get ruined, so I am planning to bring an old pair of Nikes that I don’t really wear anymore. I think it would be better to have something with some better traction, so keep that in mind when you’re packing.
- Sony Noise-Cancelling Headphones | My #1 must-have travel accessory! I love these so much. I originally bought the Bose ones and immediately returned them for these Sony’s. Not only can you block out the crying baby and your talkative seat mate with these, but you can also control your track & volume with just your finger. PS. I buy all of my electronics from B&H Photo Video (since high school). I can’t recommend them enough – this is not sponsored, I just love them.
- Spiritual Gangster cropped tank | I tend to wear all black when I work out, but I couldn’t resist this fun, bright cropped tank. Fits TTS.
- Ray Ban Icons | These are my favorite sunnies. I know I’ve said that about a few items on this packing list… but when I love something, I tend to use it a lot!
- Align yoga pants | Repeat from my plane outfit.
- Nike Sneakers | Another plane outfit repeat.
- Upstate Sweats | I’ve mentioned these in previous posts. They are the most comfortable pj pants. You can buy them directly from Lou & Grey along with at Loft or Nordstrom. Runs large, size down one.
- Abercrombie long sleeve | I love the color of this top and its so soft, perfect for wearing to bed! Fits TTS.
- Miss Mandalay bikini | I have the hardest time finding swimsuits that fit my chest. Usually buying suits that size by bra-size is my best bet. I found this suit from Miss Mandalay and loved the neutral navy with the flirty cutouts. Bra-sizing seems to be accurate.
- Lily Pulitzer for Target | Technically this is sold as a scarf 😂 but I am using it as a sarong!
- Panama hat | This hat was an impulse buy before the Fourth of July a couple years back. It’s really affordable, comes in a ton of colors and its packable! Best part? You can buy it for under $15 on Amazon!
- Billabong jumpsuit | Jumpsuits are the perfect lazy option when you’re looking for a night-out outfit. This linen one from Billabong is neutral but fun and the cropped length adds a cute touch. And, it’s on sale right now! I sized up one size because of the buttons of the chest, didn’t want them to pop!
- J. Crew espadrilles | Espadrilles are such a versatile summer shoe. I know this is October, but Hawaii is tropical all year long. They’re super easy to dress up or down and look great with everything from jeans to dresses to jumpsuits. Size down half size.
- Uncommon James earrings | I don’t wear a ton of jewelry but I like having a little something to dress up my evening wear. These gold hoops are not your typical round style!
EXPLORING THE ISLAND
- Tavik linen dress | Unfortunately this dress is sold out, but I wanted to share the actual items I’m bring along. I love the midi-length and breezy linen material of this dress. You can find a similar option here. Fits TTS.
- Cole Haan sandals | These sandals are super soft. I’ve had these for a few years and they’ve stayed in great shape. I love the nude-tan color and the soles have a squishy memory foam material. Fits TTS.
- Lo & Sons Waverly crossbody bag | I own this bag in two colors (grey and brown). This crossbody bag is great for travel because it converts so you can wear it 5 different ways; crossbody, belt bag, shoulder bag, wristlet and clutch. And it’s 20% off right now! I own the larger size.
- Agolde Parker shorts | Expensive shorts but worth it in my opinion! They fit great and are made of a thick, sturdy material. If you’re looking for something more affordable, Madewell has some great options! Size down one size.
- Everlane Air Cami | I own this tank in three different colors. I size up because I like the baggy look in this style and it also gives me more room to tie a knot.
- Rag & Bone white jeans | I always pack a pair of jeans. White is a versatile option for a tropical beach holiday.
- Everlane sweatshirt | Soft basic to have on hand. Comes in a ton of colors (my sage color is sold out). Fits TTS.
- Away Bigger Carry-On | The ONLY bag I travel with. I have the Bigger Carry-On size but I ALWAYS check my bag. You can read my review of Away luggage here.
- Dagne Dover Dakota backpack | I just purchased this backpack and this will be my first time using it! I love the unique neoprene material and the MANY MANY pockets for storage. I’ll report back how I like it! For reference, I ordered the large size. It also comes in small and medium.
Check out this post for a list of my Long-Haul Flight Essentials!